Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Felix's farewell post - some reflections on what he's learned. Hoping we will be back soon, and thank you for reading!



WHAT I HAVE LEARNED BY BEING IN INDIA
  • Cows can be dangerous
  • Don’t listen to what mum says when she is describing your yoga teacher.  For a while before we got to India, she was saying ‘better pick up your game Felix, Saraswati will whip you into shape’ and then Saraswati turned out to be sweet and lovely.  Good ol’ mum.
  • Monkeys are cute and funny until you get too close and they show their super sharp teeth
  • Don’t judge anything by looks.  The seediest looking van turned out to sell the best Dosas I have had in my life.
  • If any Indian man stares at you just because you’re from a different country, stare right back.  Just think of it as a staring competition with a random guy.
  • I am too good of a teacher of the card game speed.  Everyone I teach just beats me.
  • If you put in 100% to your yoga with every practice, you notice big changes.  Before I came to Mysore, I couldn’t catch my toe in 9/10 of my poses, now I catch all of them save one or two.  Mum said that my body has definitely changed, she says I look more flexible and stronger, and I look more focused.  This information pleased me a lot.
  • Not everyone understands sarcasm.  Mum had to remind of this a few times.  Some people were left a bit confused when I said something sarcastic, as I’m used to everyone just understanding instantly.
  • Indian buses are horrible.  Especially if you are in one for eleven hours straight.  It was worth it to go to Hampi though.
  • Always try new things.  For example, bouldering.  I never even considered it until we met Ariel and Mariela, and Ariel, being a climber, wanted to go to Hampi.  So to Hampi we went.  And climb we did.  After Ariel taught me a few basics, we had a great time, climbing and chilling out with a bunch of random climbers. Frisbee, Guitar jamming and laughs we had up on the rocks that fine day.
This is my last blog for the India trip, I hope everyone enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.  To everyone back home, I will see you soon, you have all been missed, to everyone I met here in Mysore, thank you very much, I will miss you all, I hope to see you again in the future! Much love and good fortune to all J

No comments: